Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to configure and set up a usb wireless adapter on a mac g4 running os x 10.4.11

My MAC g4 ethernet capability stopped working 7 years ago, and my airport wireless quite working last year. I ordered an ETEKCITY Wireless USB Adapter based on the RTL8188 chipset. I found drivers for chipset for OS X 10.4.11 and loaded them on the PowerBook. I turned the the Airport off, and tried to configure the dongle in the Network, but I only see Built-in Ethernet, Ethernet adaptor (en2), Airport, Internal Modem, and Built-in FireWire. I do not know what to do next to connect to my WiFi. Can anyone help Me?

Thanks

Posted on Feb 1, 2014 6:19 PM

2 replies

Feb 1, 2014 6:49 PM in response to wp64

I stumbled onto the solution. In System Preferences/Network I unchecked all connections except the ethernet Adapter, and configured it as Ethernet. When I rebooted, a new Wireless Network utility icon popped up. I searched for wireless networks, found mine, entered and confirmed my WiFi password, and now I'm on the network.

how to configure and set up a usb wireless adapter on a mac g4 running os x 10.4.11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.