Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get the best iPhoto/Aperture slide shows on Apple TV

Hi. I'd like to do very simple slideshows on Apple TV 2nd generation for friends and family, but haven't been able to get it to work very well. My needs, I think, are simple:

• No gimimick transitions, e.g. no Ken Burns. I don't mind an ultra-brief fade in/out, but that's about it. I found Classic, and that seems to work. I'm only mentioning it as it might have a bearing on the next two.
  • I'd like complete control over advancing slides using the Apple Remote, or the Remote app on the iPad. No auto-advancing. If we're all enjoying, talking about a memory, the last thing I want is that memory suddenly yanked away to the next slide. When I try to pause, it pauses the music instead of the slides.
  • I'd like the photos to have 720p resolution, which is what the Apple TV 2nd generation is capable of. All the originals are higher resolution (typically 3000 vertical, varying widths depending no how I've cropped), but sometimes the Apple TV decides to make them much grainier than one would expect from 720p. Other times they look fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Up2Date: Mavericks, iOS and apps

Posted on Feb 1, 2014 8:32 PM

There are no replies.

How to get the best iPhoto/Aperture slide shows on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.