Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod touch, not turning on or charging

I have a 16gb touch 4th Generation, I haven't used it in about 2-3 months since I got an iphone but decided to go back to it so i don't waste my battery while I'm outside working. it will not do anything. it will not turn on, it will not charge, it will not be noticed by any computer, it is a brick. it hasn't been damaged at all or anything, it was sitting in my work vehicle in a little pelican case in my work bag. i have tried charging it for hours with the wall and 3 different computers, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT tell me to just hold the buttons down to reset it, I've tried it numerous times for several amounts of time, even up to 5 mins at one point. Can anyone help me or has this just become a brick?

iPod touch (4th generation)

Posted on Feb 1, 2014 9:57 PM

2 replies

Feb 1, 2014 10:47 PM in response to DrewMack86

Have you tried connecting to your computer and attempt to restore from backup or new? I know if you completely drain a battery it will never charge again, but you really gotta try to totally drain a battery, there are protection circuits to prevent that from happening. Don't know if this will help, but Good luck.

Feb 2, 2014 2:10 AM in response to DrewMack86

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

and

Not Charge

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

- Try another cable. Some 5G iPods were shipped with Lightning cable that were either initially defective or failed after short use.

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Ipod touch, not turning on or charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.