Skip navigation

Unable to purchase correct Windows 8 or 7 ISO image from Microsoft for Boot Camp instalation

1469 Views 38 Replies Latest reply: Feb 15, 2014 5:28 AM by Đặng Xuân Cường RSS
1 2 3 Previous Next
montaguelord Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 1, 2014 10:30 PM

I’m trying to install Windows on my MacBook Pro Retina using Boot Camp. I cannot find a Windows ISO image to purchase and download from Microsoft (MS).

MS no longer sells win 7 and for Windows 8 they told me I needed the 64-bit System Builder Version of Windows 8, which they don’t sell. Elsewhere, the 64-bit System Builder Version of Windows 8 no longer seems to be available.

Any suggestions or successful (recent) experiences getting the Win ISO image online? Has anyone had success installing the full commercial Win 8 ISO image after purchasing from Microsoft, rather than the System Builder version that seemed to be available a month ago, but is no longer available?

Thank you in advance for suggestions and recommendations.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)
1 2 3 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.