Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbookpro keypad sticking

When I have been on my MacBook Pro about 1 hour, the keypad sticks, in that the curser selects everything and will not release selections. I have to shut down which is difficult because on the way to the apple icon to shutdown, it drags every folder or document with it. So I have to press and hold the key pad to get it to release. Can this be fixed at a shop, by myself, or is it time to move to a new mac? this one has been fine until this issue.

my MacBook Pro was a gift in December 2008. I have stayed up to date with updates in os versions including one that knocked me out of my photoshop, illustrator and quicken programs (still annoyed about that one. . . ) Got the quicken updated, but still missing my Illustrator and photoshop. . . .but that is another issues for another day.

Today I updated to maverick and now I am wondering if more problems are on the way. my battery life is not great. I get about 2-3 hours a session, well, sometimes until the sticky keypad problem. . .

anyone else with this problem?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 1, 2014 11:04 PM

There are no replies.

macbookpro keypad sticking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.