Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting a broken iPhone replaced?

Hey,

I recently smashed the front and back of my iPhone 4s and I've just been to the apple store and they've informed me that it needs to be replaced for 220, I am just wondering if its possible to pay extra and get it replaced with a newer version?

Thank you!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 2, 2014 12:45 AM

5 replies

Feb 2, 2014 12:51 AM in response to Mads777

If you want to do a trade in, then why are you asking on a public user forum? Should you not be asking the Apple store this question? They might do trade ins. This is unlikely though, as it will be the phone company stores that offer trade ins to upgrade to a newer model. You'll probably have to sell your phone so that you can purchase a new one.

Ask the Apple store.

Feb 2, 2014 8:42 AM in response to Mads777

You or anyone else can always buy a new iPhone. If I may add a bit of interpretation to your question, I think you are wondering as to the value of your current (damaged) iPhone. As stated above, none of us can say for sure, but you shouldn't expect much. Your current iPhone will be inspected and evaluated and the damage will be noted before the offer is tendered. That offer could be anywhere form $10 - $240.

Getting a broken iPhone replaced?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.