Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 11.1.4.62 breaks wifi sync

WiFi sync has been working fine here for years.

Installed iTunes 11.1.4.62 and it no longer works properly. Sometimes I can get it to do a backup and calendar/contact sync okay. I cannot get it to do an apps sync anymore.

What I see on the screen is that iTunes initially recongizes my iPhone 4s. When iTunes fails, it says it's looking for my iPhone, can't find it, and deletes it from my devices list.

I tried completely uninstalling all Apple software and reinstalling.

iTunes syncing via USB works fine.

When iTunes disconnects from WiFi, I can still ping my iPhone so there isn't a network issue.

Environment is Win 7 64 bit.

BTW, I have the WiFi photo app installed, and I can connect to the iPhone via WiFi to transfer photos using this app even when iTunes is failing. So I think this is strictly an iTunes problem.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 2, 2014 1:16 AM

48 replies

Feb 5, 2014 8:33 AM in response to hspindel

I exactly have the same issue. So if there's an Apple tech available please take a look to it. It would really be appreciated. I've already did a repair of all the apple stuff, result not working. I did an uninstall/reinstall of all the apple stuff, with a windows restart between. Result, not working. Itunes works, i can sync with the USB cable, but it won't sych by wifi. Other stuff works ok execpt of wifi sync/backup.

Regards

Math

Feb 8, 2014 7:21 PM in response to hspindel

I have 11.1.4 running but no WiFi sync at all. Docked sync works but this is 2014 and I haven't had to dock a device in years. Are there any answers on WiFi sync, and please do not send me to articles about how it is Windows or my router/firewall. This all worked before the update and I have attempted to sync after restarts with the firewall off with no luck.

Does anyone know what the (bleep) Apple did to make this such a poor release? There is no way this software passed even rudimentary QA testing. I know that Apple's software is generally poor but this is just out of control.

That being said a wasted hour of my life and I have my music library back. I think it is time to bite the bullet and convert everything out to unencrypted formats and ditch iTunes and Apple for good.

Feb 15, 2014 2:31 PM in response to hspindel

Same here with iPod Touch 4G. Wouldn't connect at all, my device shows up as grey and loading, then disappears. Home sharing doesn't show up on iPod also.

Tried way too many things that got me restoring from a disk image... Until finally re-installing the old version works: http://www.oldapps.com/itunes.php

I'll wait until Apple releases their next version that hopefully fixes this bug.

Feb 15, 2014 5:16 PM in response to DRSCEB

Finally got. Apple Store tech that check my laptop and iPad over, and gave me a reason that made sense. In Apple's zeal to compact the latest upgrade into an all in one, and something in the stability update they did in it, is interacting in a bad way, which is why I lost the wifi sync after 11.1.4. Finally, after all the other tech wanted to blame it on my iPad, my laptop, my wifi at home, anything but the upgrade. And in line with the above, says I'm going to have to wait for the next update, and see if the engineers tweak it enough to make the program computable with my laptop's programming again. Until then, back to re-install of either 11.1.3 or 11.1.2.

Feb 26, 2014 5:06 AM in response to hspindel

Same thing here. I finally got wifi sync working again by downgrading to iTunes 11.x.2 .

The trick is to make sure you remove all components of apple first.

Apple software updater, App support, Mobile device support and bonjour.

Then reinstall 11.x...2 .

🙂

On another note:

Not to further antagonize the issue but I wish whoever makes itunes over there sees this and gives users a easier way to go back to iTunes 10.7 or fixes these wifi sync issues for good and brings back some of the nice features like coverflow from iTunes 10.

Apple and itunes: I'm "Stuck in the middle with you" 😉

lol

itunes 11.1.4.62 breaks wifi sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.