Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reproduce streaming vlc on ipad and iphone

Hello,

I'm developing a web page that plays rtsp links. I am using vlc embedded plugin to play the streams. My code is:

<object classid="clsid:9BE31822-FDAD-461B-AD51- BE1D1C159921" codebase="http://downloads.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/latest/win32/axvlc.cab" width="400" height="300" id="vlc" events="True">

<param name="ShowDisplay" value="True" ></param>

<param name="Volume" value="100" />

<param name="AutoLoop" value="no"></param>

<param name="AutoPlay" value="yes"></param>

<embed type="application/x-google-vlc-plugin" name="vlcfirefox" autoplay="yes" loop="no" width="400" height="300" target="rtsp://<publicIp>:8554/stream"></embed>

</object>

<script type='text/javascript'>

window.onload = function(){

var vlc = document.getElementById('vlc');

vlc.playlist.playItem( vlc.playlist.add("rtsp://<publicIP>:8554/stream", "live", ":network-caching=150") );

};

</script>

I have no problem whatching the rtsp on PC across all browsers. But I can't see the stream on iphone or ipad.

Iphone and ipad browser safari doesn't recognize the vlc object and on chrome for iphone I receive the message: "chrome doesn't support this plugin".

Is there any solution for this? Is it possible to watch a video with the vlc web plugin on Iphone and/or ipad? If not, is there any way I can watch the rtsp stream on iphone o ipad devices?

Thank you.

Posted on Feb 2, 2014 1:46 AM

There are no replies.

Reproduce streaming vlc on ipad and iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.