Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When computer runs out of battery, if not connected to power outlet, the system automatically restarts the date, time and year. Is there a fix for that bug?

Since I have updated my operation system, I started getting this "restart bug" of my date, time and year settings. Each time when my mac runs out of battery, and I miss to connect it to an power outlet beforehand, the settings of my date, time and year option get restarted to its orignal (production) ones. Does anyone know if that is a bug, and if yes, is it fixable?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 2, 2014 2:14 AM

12 replies

Feb 2, 2014 2:34 AM in response to Velimira

I saw I similar post by a user with an exact problem like mine and as far as I understood it it looks like a battery problem. Can someone from the apple support ppl tell me if that is my case too? I saw in that post that the user was asked to post his power info for assesment. Here is mine:

Battery Information:

Model Information:

Serial Number: ************

Manufacturer: SMP

Device name: bq20z451

Pack Lot Code: 0000

PCB Lot Code: 0000

Firmware Version: 0003

Hardware Revision: 0002

Cell Revision: 0100

Charge Information:

Charge remaining (mAh): 1623

Fully charged: No

Charging: Yes

Full charge capacity (mAh): 3197

Health Information:

Cycle count: 1194

Condition: Replace Soon

Battery Installed: Yes

Amperage (mA): 1543

Voltage (mV): 12161

Can someone help?

Feb 2, 2014 3:29 AM in response to Velimira

Velimira wrote:

I found out that for my notebook (MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2009) my cycle limit was suggested to be 1000 counts\

There is no 'limit' as such. Most batteries will not reach the number and a few will exceed it. There was a post where the battery was approaching 2000 cycles. Any battery that does exceed 1000 cycles has performed very well as has yours.

Ciao.

When computer runs out of battery, if not connected to power outlet, the system automatically restarts the date, time and year. Is there a fix for that bug?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.