Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you no if you have a virus or been hacked and how do you get rid of it

A couple of time now I have found my found on randon web pages or message is it possible i have been hacked or got a virus

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Feb 2, 2014 2:45 AM

8 replies

Feb 2, 2014 7:57 AM in response to Tom2435

Finding a strange site open in Safari isn't a conclusive sign that someone has hacked your iCloud account. You could simply be seeing redirects or "pop-ups" from some page you had loaded. This could easily cause tabs that you didn't realize were there to be noticed later.

Similarly, finding that you have received strange messages in the Messages app isn't suspicious. That just means someone is text-spamming you. You can block the individual doing this if you're running iOS 7.

However, if you are finding that your phone appears to be sending messages that you haven't sent, and has opened pages when all tabs in Safari were closed, then the iCloud account has been hacked.

If your iCloud account is also your Apple ID, and you think you have been hacked, you will need to immediately log in to appleid.apple.com and change your Apple ID password. While you are there, you should also enable two-factor authentication on your Apple ID, to prevent hackers from taking control of it, and potentially locking you out of your iOS devices permanently.

How do you no if you have a virus or been hacked and how do you get rid of it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.