Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 4 battery drains quickly and my phone gets hot

Hi I have an iphone 4, running the latest iOS. My phone gets very hot and the battery drains in an hour or 2. Apple ran a test and said faulty battery £55 please, battery been replaced and it's still doing the same.

It's problems are:

I turn the phone off, it will randomly come on.

I turn it on but it says dead, plug charger in and it comes on nearly full.

I reset it and didn't activate, just left it and it still heated up and died then when charged I turned off and it turned back on a few hours later.

It heats that much you can barely touch it.

Solutions attempted and failed:

Reset

Restore

New battery

Wiped everything and put in aeroplane mode

Reset and didn't set back up

Can anyone help me please? I've not got email set up on it, or calendar etc which have been known to cause problems.

Thanks

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 2, 2014 3:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2014 5:59 AM

Did Apple replace the battery? If yes, bring it back and tell them about your problem with the phone getting hot.

5 replies

Feb 2, 2014 6:23 AM in response to Ingo2711

Hi thanks for trying to help, the issue was the same before they replaced the battery. They told me it was the battery causing it but clearly not. I think the motherboard may be at fault and the updated iOS took advantage to make me spend money as Apple updates always seem to do. Same happened on my 4S with the wifi after update, it heated up stopped until cooled then worked again until I replaced the wifi chip.

I guess I've learned not to buy Apple, and not to update software lol.

Feb 19, 2014 6:34 AM in response to ashmobilesuk

Do you also own an iphone and an iPad? I have struggled with all solutions to fast depleting battery on iphone 4s (and on the ipad) since installing ios7. I sync via icloud to my ipad and noticed the problem stopped if I powered off the ipad for a day! ios7 must have set up some cycle that drained both devices. Now I have set the ipad to manual (not push) on icloud and diary sync and battery life is back to normal for a whole week it can last 48 hours with light use- no longer have to keep shutting down all apps and turning off bluetooth and wifi to get through a day! Any one else found the same solution?

My iphone 4 battery drains quickly and my phone gets hot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.