Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i-pod touch 16gb (approx 6 years old @ xmas 2013) when recently synching my i-pod the device suffered a catastrophic failure resulting in entire library and software being removed from the device.(Error message 1) all attempts to restore have failed.

i pod touch 16gb (approx 6yrs old @xmas 2013) when recently synching my i pod touch an update i tunes box appeared which I clicked to update.

This caused a catastrophic failure in my device wiping the entire library from the i pod. The library remains intact on the computer.

Even the software on the device has been erased and all i see when I switch on the device is a black screen with apple logo.

All attempts top restore have failed resulting in a box stating 'Unable to restore i pod. Error message 1'nyone know of a way of uploading software and getting the device to resynch with my library?

Many Thanks

iPod touch

Posted on Feb 2, 2014 5:17 AM

1 reply

Feb 4, 2014 7:27 AM in response to Loz26

Hi Loz26,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

You may find this information about iTunes "error 1" helpful:

Check for hardware issues

Try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good. Also, confirm your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers. If you still see the alert when you update or restore, contact Apple support.

Resolve specific iTunes update and restore errors

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694

When restoring your iPod touch, I recommend using the steps in this article:

iOS: Unable to update or restore

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1808

Best,

Jeremy

i-pod touch 16gb (approx 6 years old @ xmas 2013) when recently synching my i-pod the device suffered a catastrophic failure resulting in entire library and software being removed from the device.(Error message 1) all attempts to restore have failed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.