Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts on Ipod don't show up in app

Ipod touch, 5th gen, windows 7, newest everything. So I have gone into my data, and I have the podcasts in my ipod, but they don't show up in any area to listen to them. I only have acess to itunes for syncing, no wifi, so downcast is out. All the information is there, the podcasts just don't want to work. I have tried reseting my Ipod already. Please help, I need something to listen to for a road trip tomorrow ;~;

iPod touch, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 2, 2014 7:19 AM

2 replies

May 15, 2014 9:41 AM in response to zedgamer

It's incredible to me that this question was asked over three months ago, as of this moment, SEVEN other people have indicated that they also have a problem with this, and yet Apple can't bother to provide a solution for this issue.

I'm completely aggravated that after transferring ten podcasts from my PC to my iPhone 5S, only two show up in the podcasts app! I've double checked to make certain that the "Media Kind" is set to podcast (putting aside the fact that the setting was obviously correct because the podcasts appear in the "Podcasts" section of iTunes on the PC).

The fact that there are comments about this going back to the fall of 2013, and yet Apple has yet to address the problem, is unacceptable.

For what it's worth, though, here is my workaround. It's certainly not ideal, and it should be completely unnecessary to do these things (how much have each of us paid Apple for a functional product?), but it does allow me to listen to podcasts on my phone. I open the "Podcasts" tab on my computer, and right click (this is on a PC--is a Mac different?) on the particular podcast that I would like to sync to my phone. Click on the "Options" tab and go to the "Media Kind" pull-down menu. Change the media kind to "song." This will move the podcast to the "Music" tab. Then, after syncing, the podcast will appear in the Music app (as a song). Again, this is not a great solution, and I fear that it may create an organizational nightmare if and when Apple ever decides to provide a fix for this issue. But, it's better than not being able to listen to the podcasts at all.

May 15, 2014 7:07 PM in response to DocTonyNYC

Only podcasts that are found in the iTunes Store will sync between your iOS devices and computer with iTunes. If you take a file and change it's content type to podcast, you'll likely have to sync it via Wi-Fi or a USB cable and not through iTunes in the Cloud. I think that's what this article seems to imply: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6202. Homegrown files set as podcasts won't sync over the cloud.

Podcasts on Ipod don't show up in app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.