Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Nothing but problems since loading 11.1.4.

Try to install iTunes 11.1.4 on my three different computers. Failed to load on all three.

These are the messages I receive:

Service "Apple Mobile Device: failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start sytem changes. I try installing as an administrator.

iTunes was not installed correctly. Please reinstall iTunes. Error 7 (Windows error 126). Reinstall has failed three times.

The program can't start because MCVCR80.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. I have not deleted any .dll files and have tried to reinstall three times.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated. iPod Touch Fourth Generation is inoperable now and the iTunes does not work on any of my computers now. I believe there is an issue with loading 11.1.4.

iPod touch (4th generation), Windows 7, 1 computer is on Windows 8.1

Posted on Feb 2, 2014 8:59 AM

4 replies

Feb 4, 2014 4:08 PM in response to lllaass

Hi, I had this problem too and I followed all the articles listed on the page. I don't get the Error 7 when opening iTunes, I only get an error that tells me to reinstall when I plug in my phone because "software is missing" which is referring to the Apple Mobile Device Service. I've followed all the proper uninstall and reinstall procedures, uninstalling all apple software, deleting any leftover files or folders, clearing any temp files, restarting comp and retry to reinstall but nothing helps. It just says "rolling back procedure" everytime it gets to the part about the apple mobile device service. I've had this problem for a couple weeks now with no response. The thread I opened earlier has my problem in further detail:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5831093

I appreciate any help.

Feb 4, 2014 6:23 PM in response to thomasbrooks4

I uninstalled all of the programs involved with the Apple product. You cannot install from their server, it fails. You have to download the exe file to your desktop and then run the install program. I finally was able to install it on my 8.1 Windows laptop. But all of my music was on my Window 7 laptop. Had to rebuilt the library on the iPod Touch, which took most of the time during the SuperBowl to do. I also had to do the manual uninstall and install on the Windows 7 laptop.

If you have not tried that, give it a try.

Feb 5, 2014 1:31 AM in response to rbhagmd

Thank you for the response, although yes I did download the exe file and I installed it through that, I have the most current verison possible of the iTunes installer as a completely updated Windows 8 system. Everything is on my one desktop so I can't try anywhere else. Again, there is more details and photos in my personal thread. I really appreciate the response.

Nothing but problems since loading 11.1.4.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.