Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i connect my keyboard when it is turned on and the batteries are new, the bluetooth does not recognize it?

I had a connection between my macbook pro and my wireless keyboard, when the keyboard stopped working. I replaced the batteries, and it will no longer allow me to connect the keyboard. In fact, my macbook no longer recognizes it at all when I try to reconnect via bluetooth.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 2, 2014 10:17 AM

3 replies

Feb 2, 2014 2:25 PM in response to macbig

I don't think there's anything wrong with the keyboard. It was working fine yesterday and earlier today. Sometimes my computer recognizes it in system preferences and when I try to connect by clicking continue, it won't. Under the bluetooth devices I had 2 keyboards so I deleted them both thinking I could reconnect the one I have. Do you think that would affect the ability to connect it again?

May 5, 2015 12:17 PM in response to WalkingGal

Yes, I've had a similar problem:

1. My keyboard was connecting just fine except for recently when my son would switch to his user and then I would switch back after he finished his homework in another room in the house.
  2. Now I've restarted and there is no longer a Bluetooth option to click in System Preferences, and as I dig deeper into the Network option, I can click the Bluetooth PAN, but if I try to "add" a BT device or select "Advanced" the button is grayed-out and the message says BT is not available.
  3. The keyboard power cycles fine and is available to my iMac for pairing.
  4. My top of the screen menu bar shows the BT symbol, but tells me it's not available. Whaaaat???
  5. Utilities' System Info tells me there is "no information available" when I click the BT devices under hardware.

Somehow it appears I've either lost the BT drivers or the module has failed.

Any suggestions??

TIA, Bradley

how do i connect my keyboard when it is turned on and the batteries are new, the bluetooth does not recognize it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.