Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help editing and exporting using Final Cut Express - why does video end up with judder?!!

I've imported material from my JVC HD Camera and have edited a 52 minute sequence on Final Cut Express. I've exported it as a Quicktime Movie and it's 43GB. How do I get this on to DVD?

I've tried using iDVD to export but as you can imagine, the quality is not great. There's a judder on it. I have no idea where to start with using applications like MPEG Streamclip to convert the clip so that when it does get on to DVD, it doesn't judder. Can anyone help? This is driving me insane!!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 2, 2014 11:05 AM

6 replies

Feb 9, 2014 7:25 PM in response to NimeshJ

I've exported it as a Quicktime Movie and it's 43GB. How do I get this on to DVD?

First step - just use this export as the import into iDVD. iDVD will take care of the necessary encoding to fit it on a DVD disk. The file size is of no concern; the only concern is the length (in time) of the video ... iDVD can fit about 2 hours of video on single layer DVD media; about 4 hours on dual-layer DVD media.

Regarding the judder, this is not specifically an iDVD issue. Do you see the judder when you play the video in the FCE Canvas window?

Need help editing and exporting using Final Cut Express - why does video end up with judder?!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.