Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV won't connect via ethernet

I want to move from a wireless to a wired connection for my Apple TV to improve quality for streaming video (it skips when I'm also using wireless for other devices).

I have a Time Capsule that is my wireless base station. I'm running a new ethernet cable from the time capsule to the Apple TV. The Apple TV recognizes the wired connection (ie. it removes the wireless option) but I cannot connect to iTunes or any of my other media for that matter.

Why is this?

Do I need to manually configure my network settings (do I use the information on my Mac or other connection data).

I'm completely lost.

Apple TV

Posted on Feb 2, 2014 12:30 PM

3 replies

Feb 2, 2014 3:19 PM in response to diesel vdub

It is a wifi router and it is connected to the modem. I've been running Apple TV wirelessly but wanted a wired connection. My Mac, iPhone and iPads all run well on the wifi, too. The issue is when wiring the Apple TV. It recognizes there is an Ethernet connection (because AppleTV flips off the wireless connection option) but there is no signal to connect to iTunes or any of the AppleTV apps. Could this be a setting on my time capsule or is there an AppleTV configuration issue?

Apple TV won't connect via ethernet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.