Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remove & reinstall apache-php-mysql ?

I'm sick of fighting with the many installs of apache-php-mysql which have all failed to work or update successfully. They are scattered all around my HD in places I would never have expected (folders like: etc, private).

Can someone direct me to instructions or a site which will help me remove all the apache2 versions I've got, all the php versions, and then reinstall a good version of each?

Also, I've tried several approaches to setting up Apache-PHP-MySql in the past, and they (or I) have all failed miserably. So I have MAMP and MAMP Pro, XAMP, mampstack and AMPPS scattered around my Applications folder. I would like to get rid of them all, but am afraid something essential could be deleted.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1), 16 GB RAM

Posted on Feb 2, 2014 12:57 PM

1 reply

Feb 2, 2014 3:12 PM in response to rickeisner

This question is posted in the OS X Server forum, and OS X 10.9 Mavericks OS X Server does include Apache and php5, and MySQL can be added.

As for the recovery of the existing configuration, that's probably not going to be easy.

If there's some log or some description of what's been added and where, then the process can conceivably be reversed.

But if available configuration details are limited and there are scattered changes and additions, then the most expedient approach likely involves starting over. Of creating a backup of your disks to external storage, and then wipe the disk and reinstall OS X, and probably then purchasing and downloading OS X Server Server.app from the Mac App Store.

remove & reinstall apache-php-mysql ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.