Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can someone suggest a platform for digital delivery that supports Chapter Markers?

I'm trying to figure out digital delivery options with CHAPTER MARKER functionality (for wedding videos in the future when discs are gone). Is there any Apple Technology out there right now that might help my issue?

I have this 3-4 hour wedding video that I cut in Adobe Premiere and exported as a Quicktime. I know Adobe Premiere has the option of embedding chapter markers in the video (depending on the export codec that you choose), but when you give that Quicktime file to your clients, how do they even use it? Do you tell them to put it on their iPad and beam it to their TV via Apple TV... if so, does AppleTV recognize the embedded chapter markers (within the Quicktime file)? If I give them the quicktime file, how do they put it on the Playstation? Do they put it on a USB stick and plug it into the PS4? If so, does PS4 have a player for these raw quicktime files, and if so, can it recognize my embedded chapter markers? If I upload this video to Youtube, (which probably isn't possible because its too long of a video), how do you control chapter markers in YouTube? You can't. I don't think Youtube has a 'chapter marker' feature.

My clients right now want to be able to play a disc, and hit the "next" button to go to the next scene. And since discs are going away, I want to know what technology / software is going in place of DVDs/Blu Rays to let my clients click the "next" button when watching their 3 hour wedding video.

Everyone says the future of delivering video is digital. Okay, so how do I deliver this video digitally and still offer to my clients the same features that they were getting from a Blu Ray or DVD (aka Chapter Markers)? Is there any software out there right now that can help me with this issue? If not, would your company be willing to develop any in the near future?

Apple has already started releasing laptops with no disc drive, and Adobe Creative Cloud has already discontinued their Blu Ray authoring software (Adobe Encore CS6). Why did they do it? Because the technology trend is saying we are making discs obsolete. If you're getting rid of the disc authoring capabilities this quickly, are you instituting new technology in its place (just as quickly) to support chapter markers? Please help!

-Apple Power User, Rachel

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Digital Delivery, Chapter Markers

Posted on Feb 2, 2014 1:55 PM

There are no replies.

Can someone suggest a platform for digital delivery that supports Chapter Markers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.