Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I prevent Image Capture from opening when I connect the iPad to my Mac?

Whenever I connect my iPad 2 (iOS 6) to my MacBook Pro (Mac OS 10.6.8), not only does iTunes open, but also Image Capture. I don't need Image Capture, but have found no way to tell it not to open at that time. Can anyone tell me how to prevent Image Capture from opening when I connect the iPad to my Mac?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2.4GHz (2010), 4GB RAM, 320GB HD

Posted on Feb 2, 2014 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2014 4:11 PM

When your iPad is connected and has photos on the camera roll it is regarded as both an iPad and a camera. At the lower left corner of the Image Capture screen is a drop-down list indicator. Click on this and you can select what action to take when a camera is connected to the Mac. On of these choices is "No Application". Select this and no program will automatically start when you connect a camera.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2014 4:11 PM in response to HandyMac

When your iPad is connected and has photos on the camera roll it is regarded as both an iPad and a camera. At the lower left corner of the Image Capture screen is a drop-down list indicator. Click on this and you can select what action to take when a camera is connected to the Mac. On of these choices is "No Application". Select this and no program will automatically start when you connect a camera.

Feb 2, 2014 4:30 PM in response to JimHdk

Thanks for your response. However, there is no drop-down list indicator at the lower left corner of the Image Capture screen, only a little wedge icon that opens and closes an empty square panel. What you describe may exist in a later version of Image Capture (I'm on Mac OS 10.6.8). But I looked further and found the solution in Image Capture's Help (I had looked for a Preferences window, but found none): when the iPad is connected, the little window opened by the wedge icon has a pop-up menu for "Connecting this iPad opens" with "No application" as one of the choices. So I think it's fixed now.

Thanks again.

How can I prevent Image Capture from opening when I connect the iPad to my Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.