Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What website programme works on Mac?

I have found a brilliant web design programme - but it only works on Microsoft. I have no interest in installing (and paying) for Microsoft on my Mac. The programme I'm looking at allows me to design a website without having to know or use any programming. It is basically a very sophisticated drag and drop system. Anybody know a programme like that which would run on a Mac? (The programme I'm talking about is websitex5)

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 2, 2014 3:17 PM

11 replies

Feb 3, 2014 1:45 AM in response to Manish Reddevil

Like I said in my question, the programme I'm looking at is not available as .dmg. The kind of programme I'm looking for (and I have been looking for a while getting more and more frustrated) needs to be a sophisticated drag and drop as I don't have the time to become a programmer, nor do I have the money to pay someone to design a website for me. So no, this unfortunately does not answer any part of my question.

Feb 3, 2014 2:06 AM in response to ravenowl

I just got something named "Flux 4" in a "name-your-own-price" bundle (https://stacksocial.com/sales/the-name-your-own-price-mac-bundle-4-0-ft-snagit-f lux-4?gclid=CNiWmf_Zr7wCFeZj7AodPA8ALg).

It's regularly $140 - I chose to pay $12.00 for the bundle (mainly because it had some stuff that I don't need and some I already have).

Check out the Flux 4 website -> http://www.theescapers.com/flux/ - I think that it would fit your needs well. I've not played around with it yet but it sounds likely that it comes close, at least, to your specifications.

Good luck,

Clinton

Feb 3, 2014 2:22 AM in response to clintonfrombirmingham

Thanks guys, really appreciate the feedback. Clinton, I looked at the Flux website builder. Looks brilliant but alas it looks one step too sophisticated (I have absolutely no idea about code, barely understand what it is and does). Thanks G4PYR, Sandvox might be easier or perhaps either freeway express or pro. It seems to be a good middle of the road one. Thanks again for your help with this - it always feels slightly embarassing to ask such basic questions 🙂

Feb 3, 2014 2:29 AM in response to ravenowl

You shouldn't be embarrassed - two years ago when I began to teach myself HTML and CSS I learned how to use my Adobe suite to work together to build websites... and I still haven't put anything out there in the 'open'!

I kust opened Flux for the first time - while you CAN get to code level, you can do almost anything you want with drags and drops. Worth paying $10 or so to see!

Clinton

Feb 3, 2014 2:54 AM in response to clintonfrombirmingham

Thanks for the encouragement, Clinton. Quite right as well. Apart from one course when computers turned from black screens with glowing orange or green writing to actual desktops (yes, I'm THAT old and still remember 😉) I have taught myself every change in set up, programme and new OS on both Windows and Mac. I'll definitely look at the Flux closer, it looks really good.

PlotinusVeritas, had a look at blue griffon, looks good too but I don't think it has the commercial option for a shop as well. That seems to be the big jump in sophitication - and usually price. So all your suggestions are really helpful. Thanks!

Feb 3, 2014 7:33 AM in response to clintonfrombirmingham

Clinton, just checked out two website creation on the site you mentioned. The knock down prices really make it worth it, brilliant, thanks for the tip. Very happy and thanks for your help everyone!

I attached the 'this solved my problem' to your second answer because I couldn't change it on the first. Hope you get the credits anyway 🙂

What website programme works on Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.