Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Magic Mouse won't scroll in Xcode.

Okay, it scrolls everywhere except Xcode, which is a huge problem while trying to write code. I can't scroll in any navigation menus at all. Don't know if I hit something that I am unaware of or not, but I am rushing to find a solution. Thanks.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 2, 2014 6:04 PM

5 replies

Apr 24, 2014 8:00 PM in response to harrishudson

I have a suggestion that this problem happens when xcode trying to present file ('bad' file) content in a tab as an cached image or something like that.

That is what helped me:

1. First of all, switch to another tab (or create a new one by Cmd+T). Make sure that this tab presenting something but not the bad file.

2. Relaunch xcode. Xcode should open project with tab from step 1. In this tab view should be scrollable (Untill you try to open 'bad' file again in any tab - don't do this).

3. Close all tabs that presenting 'bad' file.
4. Do 'Product->Clean' (Shift+Cmd+K) then build it again.

5. Now try to open file that was opened in a 'bad' tab. Scrolling should work.

Also it may be useful to remove breakpoints from the 'bad' file and repeat all steps.
Sorry for my English.

May 14, 2014 6:24 PM in response to harrishudson

I'm seeing the same behavior. I've narrowed it down to enabling Scroll left or right with one finger or Swipe left or right with one finger for the Swipe Between Pages setting in Preferences under Mouse, More Gestures.

If either 1-finger gesture is enabled then the first time I accidentaly move my finger horizontally, even a tiny bit, on the back of the mouse while I'm in Xcode all scrolling will be disabled until I restart Xcode.

As a work-around I set this gesture to use Swipe left or right with two fingers instead of one, and it works fine. I can also simply uncheck the Swipe Between Pages gesture and it works as expected.

Because the back and forward commands in Safari and other browsers are ⌘[ and ⌘] or and I tried remapping those keys inside of Xcode but that didn't work.

Magic Mouse won't scroll in Xcode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.