Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trouble downloading iTunes

I've tried to download iTunes, but I get the error message that says I am missing the Media Accessibility.dll. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting all of my Apple things off my computer and redownloading, and nothing works. Can anyone help?

Posted on Feb 2, 2014 6:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2014 6:04 PM

I get the error message that says I am missing the Media Accessibility.dll.

What's the precise text of that error message, please?

5 replies

Feb 2, 2014 6:32 PM in response to b noir

"The program can't start because MediaAccessibility.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I tried using these steps which you said to use on another post, iTunes for Windows 11.1.4.62: "The procedure entry point: ?videoTracks@QTMovie@ [...] could not be located ..." error messages when launching iTunes, but I'm not sure if I see that QTMovieWin.dll file anywhere.. Still looking.

Feb 6, 2014 6:47 AM in response to lexivas

Hi, you may have resolved this issue already, but if not...

There should be one copy of MediaAccessibility.dll in the folder:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support
(32-bit systems) or

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support
(64-bit systems)

If you can locate the file, right-click on it and select Properties, then on the Details tab it should have File Version - 48.1.0.11. If it has a different version number then it is out of date and is likely to be cause of the problem.

Please search your Programs Files and/or Programs Files (x86) folders for all copies of the file MediaAccessibility.dll - Any other copies of the file in different locations are likely to be out of date, but might be called in error by an executable file in the same folder, thereby causing the error.

Should you find more than one copy of MediaAccessibility.dll could you please let me know in which other locations it was found. This will let us more effectively help others with the same issue by suggesting where they should look. If you have the correct version, in the correct place, then deleting any others should fix your problem. This is similar to the QTMovieWin.dll issue dealt with in the first box of the user tip Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

If you don't have the correct version of the file then completely removing all components, deleting the named folders, and reinstalling as suggested in the second box of the user tip should work. You could try repairing Apple Application Support alone from the the Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs control panel first as that would be quicker, but only if it works.

tt2

trouble downloading iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.