Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support

Today when I tried to start iTunes, it didn't work. So I went to see how to fix this problem, which just ended up being uninstalling and reinstalling itunes.

I followed directions that said to uninstall all the apple products in a specific order, but when I got to Apple Mobile Device support, it refused to uninstall.

The green loading arrow would stop when it was near the end and actually GO BACKWARDS. Then it would just go away, and the program was still installed on my computer.

I have tried "Repairing" the program. It stops after the window that says "Gathering information."

I have tried restarting my computer, no effect.

I have tried the Microsoft Fix It for programs that cannot uninstall due to corruption or other errors, but when I try to run Fix It it says that it is outdated and no longer exists.

I don't know what else to do, and I'm really frustrated.

I am running windows 7 home premium 32 bit.

Windows 7

Posted on Feb 2, 2014 8:28 PM

5 replies

Feb 2, 2014 8:46 PM in response to mmelton4

I have tried the Microsoft Fix It for programs that cannot uninstall due to corruption or other errors, but when I try to run Fix It it says that it is outdated and no longer exists.

That message has been hitting a few people today. Try downloading a fresh copy of the Fixit. Does the fresh copy work properly for you?

Feb 7, 2014 1:55 PM in response to Kickaha.Jim

Thank you. Your comment was helpful although I'll add a different twist. When I did MSCONFIG I went into Services tab and unchecked Mobile Device Support, re-booted computer, could NOT then Uninstall Mobile Device Support again however for the heck of it I tried downloading iTunes again and was successful this time. I was iSad about iTunes today but am now iHappy after wasting 2 1/2 hours. Oh well... it works.

Cannot Uninstall Apple Mobile Device Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.