Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I move iTunes from PC to an external hardrive that I will use to store iTunes and access on a Macbook?

Hi:

I want to move my iTunes library from my PC to an external hard drive that I will then use to store all the media. I want to access the iTunes library from my Macbook; will this work? I have a Macbook Pro Retina display which has minimal storage so I need to store the iTunes on an external hard drive since I want to sell my PC.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 2, 2014 8:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply
3 replies

Feb 2, 2014 9:05 PM in response to Kappy

Because I have to use a windows formatted EHD to move from PC, but want to keep on a Mac formatted EHD, that is where I am confused. Can I move the iTunes library to the windows formatted EHD, connect to Macbook and then copy from windows formatted EHD to Mac formatted EHD and then direct iTunes to the Mac formatted EHD?

How do I move iTunes from PC to an external hardrive that I will use to store iTunes and access on a Macbook?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.