Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some of my albums have become fragmented in my itunes library each holding only a few tracks of the full album.

This seems to be happening most often when the artists have a guest performer and each new artist combination shows up as a new album. For example The Evolution of Robin Thicke - 13 tracks are him on his own - they are lumped together, then there are 2 tracks where it's Robin Thicke featuring Lil Wayne then there is 1 track featuring Faith Evans and another one featuring Pharrel Williams so all in all when I search for Evolution under albums it returns 4 albums!

I have uninstalled itunes and reinstalled it but this fragmentation issue was not resolved. Please help! I daren't synchronise my ipod at the moment for fear that this issue will manifest itself on there too!

Windows 7

Posted on Feb 3, 2014 1:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2014 1:29 AM

Generally setting a common Album title and Album Artist will fix things.

For deeper problems see Grouping tracks into albums.

tt2

1 reply

Some of my albums have become fragmented in my itunes library each holding only a few tracks of the full album.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.