Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes sync issues

My PC is recognizing my iphone and my phone recognizes that it's plugged into a PC but Itunes isn't picking up my phone so i can sync it. I've tried re-installing itunes, pluggin in my old phone and I have the same issue, it just doesn't seem to want to sync to anything. Anyone have a solution or the same issue?

iPhone 5c, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 3, 2014 3:47 AM

16 replies

Feb 6, 2014 9:49 AM in response to Fursey95

On February 4, 2014 I got a Dell pop up saying I needed to install an update that would update my BIOS. In looking at my install log, it was actually a Windows Critical update. I thought it was a Dell update because the usual Windows update pop up looks different.

So my iTunes stopped working after I installed the February 4, 2014 Windows Critical update affecting BIOS.

Feb 6, 2014 10:22 AM in response to Fursey95

I did not upgrade iTunes (it was already 11.1.4) until AFTER iTunes stopped working after I installed the Windows Critical Update. I then deleted and reinstalled iTunes as part of my attempts to trouble shoot the issue.

I also just restored my computer to the point before the Windows Critical Update. Did not help which did not surprise me.

Does anyone know when the 11.1.4.62 update came out? If it came out around February 4 or 5, maybe that is the culprit instead of the Windows Critical Update.

I did the Windows Critical Update on February 4, 2014. I did not try to sync my devices until February 5, 2014. I last synced my devices around Februery 1 or 2, 2014.

Feb 7, 2014 12:10 AM in response to Fursey95

Here is the fix from Waldo-E3 elsewhere in this forum.

Kudos to Waldo-E3!

RESOLVED...

Found these steps posted elsewhere by another and the solution worked for me...

1. Go to Windows 8.1 Control Panel.

2. Go to Hardware and Sound; Devices and Printers; Unspecified (look for Apple Mobile Device USB Driver)

3. Right-click, then select properties on the menu list.

4. Select the "Hardware" tab at the top When the properties dialog box opens, once more select properties on the lower right hand button.

5. Under the "Driver" tab menu, the update driver button will be grey and unselectable here. So you need to select and click "Change Settings" button located near the lower left corner.

6. Now you can click the "Driver" tab menu near the top, so you can see the "Update Driver" button.

7. Select "Update Driver".

8. Select and click "Browse my computer for driver software".

9. For Windows 8.1 64 bit, it should be located in the folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.

10. Click Next, and let the driver re-install.

11. iTunes 11.1.4.62 should open automatically if your iphone is connected already

Feb 7, 2014 10:32 AM in response to Fursey95

After trying many solutions here, none of them worked until I found a solution I've never heard of on another thread. Totally fixed my problem and it might fix yours!

Go to control panel and programs (not the uninstall page). Click on "turn windows feature on or off" and untick "Windows Media Player".

That's it! I remembered how I had installed WMP by the time this problem first occured. I don't know the exact problem, but I'm sure there's some sort of conflict between the two media players that's causing our devices not to be recognized.

Itunes sync issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.