Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can the MacBook Air run solid works/inventor?

Hi, this is my first time posting a question here by the way. I am new to owning an apple device, but have been using them for a while. I currently have an iPad mini and am highly considering getting a Macbook, mainly for school use, I'll be using standard apps (pages, keynote, numbers), but will be doing a bit of Photoshop and music work on a program called Sibelius.

I may be doing work on solid works/inventor as well and I was wondering whether the MBA 13" would have enough power to run them consistently? I wouldn't be doing too much work on them but probably enough that I would need it to run well. I have heard on other discussions that it will be a breeze (pun intended) but on others that I'd be better getting a MacBook Pro.

If I don't get the MBA I will probably go with the MBP 13" non retina. I have heard (from cnet) that the MBA is nearly as powerful as the MBP non retina, thanks to the energy efficient processors and the graphics card. Between these two MacBooks, which do you recommend, and if so which (if any) upgrades do you recommend, for the purposes/problems listed?

Thanks.

MacBook Air

Posted on Feb 3, 2014 3:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 2:01 PM

Check that SolidWorks is supported on Mac OS X. I do not see it listed on their system requirements page.

http://www.solidworks.com/sw/support/SystemRequirements.html

It also says it is not supported on Windows-BootCamp.

1 reply

Can the MacBook Air run solid works/inventor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.