Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I accept a Find My Friends request?

I have received the request from my son at my appleID email. When I tap on 'View Request' to accept his request all I get is a link to download and install Find My Friends. I already have it installed and working on my phone. He has accepted my request but I can't accept his. We are both using the most current iOS release.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 3, 2014 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2014 9:05 AM

I ran through all the steps and I still have the same issue. I have deleted and re-installed the app, I've turned my phone off and back on. The email address that the request came to is the one I use for my Apple ID and nothing has worked. Any other suggestions?

6 replies

Feb 5, 2014 8:01 AM in response to JSHartig

Hi JSHartig,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

If you are not able to accept the Find My Friend request, the troubleshooting steps in the "general issues" part of this article can help:

iCloud: Troubleshooting Find My Friends

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4008

I recommend starting with this step:

Make sure that you have the latest version of the Find My Friends app installed on your iOS device. If the app is up to date, try the steps for troubleshooting apps purchased from the App Store.

Best Regards,

Jeremy

May 28, 2014 4:16 PM in response to JSHartig

I had this same issue. The responses and the Find Friends FAQ was not at all helpful.

Hopefully this helps you...

I was receiving the follow invitation at my Gmail account, through the Gmail

App. The instructions within said to download Find Friends (which was already installed), then Accept the invitation from the Mail app.

However, since my invitation email was in the Gmail app,

I had to forward it to my work email, which is configured in the Mail app. I clicked through there to accept the invite,

And it worked.

Dec 31, 2014 9:21 PM in response to JSHartig

I sent an invitation to my grandson and he sent an invitation to me. I get my e-mail on my Mac and got an e-mail inviting me.

Except it takes me to a page where I see:

To share your location with (My grandson), download the Find My Friends app from the App Store. Then, open the invitation in the Mail app on your iOS device, and tap View Request.

I don't get e-mail on my phone. How do I accept his invitation?

I do see that since both me and my wife use the same iCloud account, it thinks we are the same person on that app.

Jan 2, 2015 1:37 PM in response to Howard Brazee

I was able to accept him in “Find My Friends”. I needed to turn on getting e-mail on my phone. Then I forwarded the e-mail he sent me to myself, and was able to read the e-mail on my phone. The icon that I needed to touch was too small to read, but I knew where it was from getting it in my computer’s e-mail, so I clicked it and it worked.

Very clumsy when I have a POP account so that I don't wish to read mail on my phone. And old fogey eyes, and clumsy fingers. I prefer doing everything on my 27" Mac, including iMessage.

Why can't I accept a Find My Friends request?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.