3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 8, 2014 4:30 AM by Michael Allbritton
LiquidMetal420 Level 1 Level 1

I have an old HP that no longer works (before iTunes Match). I had uploaded my entire cd collection and it is associated with my itunes account.  If I purchase ITunes Match will it bring this data in my library?

iPad 2 Wi-Fi
  • Michael Allbritton Level 6 Level 6
    expertise.itunes
    iTunes

How did you "upload" your entire CD collection if the computer died before iTunes Match was availble. That isn't possible. So, no, iTunes Match will not helpy you in this situation.

• LiquidMetal420 Level 1 Level 1

THx for the response, Michael. So...back when Gen 1PODs came out, I downloaded itunes.  I amy not be using the correct term, but I took all of my actual cd's - put them in the cd slot and imported the music to the library.  This was probably 8 years  ago...if i had to guess. 

same apple ID, but was just curious if this data as saved or not.  Thoughts?  Still think it will not be available?

thx

KW

• Michael Allbritton Level 6 Level 6
    expertise.itunes
    iTunes

As I posted above if you did not have iTunes Match enabled before the computer ceased to work then, no, of course the music will not be saved in the cloud. The only possible place the music might be saved is the backups you should have been making before the computer ceased to work.