Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync My Photo Stream

A number of older photos on my Mac and iPhone 4S have disappeared from My Photo Stream, but are still on my iPad 3, there are 826 on the iPad, 369 on the phone and only 275 on the Mac.

New photos taken on the iDevices or imported from another camera are added to all three streams and photos deleted from one stream are deleted from the others.

How do I sync the old photos from the iPad with the phone and Mac so the streams are identical please?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Feb 3, 2014 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2014 7:04 AM

Photo Stream does not store the photos for a long time, you have to make sure you import all photos from the photo stream as soon as they appear on your devices, if you want to keep them in the device.

Photo stream photos will be removed from iCloud to make space for newer photos, if they have been in iCloud for a month or if there are 1000 photos.

It is normal that the streams are not identical. It depends an when you activated the streams on each device, and what was currently bufferend in iCloud, when you enabled the stream.

How do I sync the old photos from the iPad with the phone and Mac so the streams are identical please?

Your iPad will upload the old photos again to the Photo Stream, if you save new copies of the photos to the Camera roll.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2014 7:04 AM in response to anafurn

Photo Stream does not store the photos for a long time, you have to make sure you import all photos from the photo stream as soon as they appear on your devices, if you want to keep them in the device.

Photo stream photos will be removed from iCloud to make space for newer photos, if they have been in iCloud for a month or if there are 1000 photos.

It is normal that the streams are not identical. It depends an when you activated the streams on each device, and what was currently bufferend in iCloud, when you enabled the stream.

Your iPad will upload the old photos again to the Photo Stream, if you save new copies of the photos to the Camera roll.

Sync My Photo Stream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.