Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What can I do about an error (-69)?

I'm so frustrated!

I added a song to iTunes a night previous to this incident, but I did not sync my iPod at that time. I also updated iTunes that same night.

Later the next day, I plugged in my iPod and I got an error screen on iTunes. It said the iPod was corrupted. I have delt with that before, so it didn't seem like a big deal. I ejected the iPod and to my horror EVERYTHING on my iPod was gone. I did not restore or reset the iPod, I simply ejected it after deciding to sync it later. I've tried re-installing iTunes/repairing iTunes. I even re-installed Quicktime. I have also restored my iPod many times since.

Nothing seems to be working. I don't feel any of my music files are damaged and I don't want to go though unchecking and checking boxes for 11,000+ songs only to not have some of those songs on my iPod. Is there anything I can do to get my iPod working like it was? It is a 160GB iPod Classic. I also have an 80GB Classic which I tried syncing with iTunes with little success.

As of today, I downgraded iTunes to 10.7 and it seems to be helping but I keep getting this error.

Edit: Before I installed the older version of iTunes, I also got the error message; "iPod cannot be synced duplicate file name was specified."

iPod classic

Posted on Feb 3, 2014 11:18 AM

There are no replies.

What can I do about an error (-69)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.