Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

We have iPhotos in a shared folder. When my partner tries to view some photos(not all) they flash open, then disappear. This doesn't happen when I log in and open them. Any ideas would be welcome. Thanks.

We have iPhotos in a shared folder so both my pertner and I can access the pictures.

Recently, when my partner tries to open some of the more recent pictures, they open briefly, then disappear. This doesn't happen with all of them, and there doesn't seem to be any link between those that do, and those that don't.

When I try to open them, they open with no problem, and remain open until I close them.

Has anyone any solutions, please?

Thanks.

iPhoto '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 3, 2014 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2014 10:58 AM

A shared folder is not sufficient to share an iPhoto library. When you open the library from your account, the ownership and permissions of library items changes.

The safest way to share a library is to put it onto a separate disk or disk partition with the "Ignore Ownership on this volume" flag set. See this document on how to achieve this:

iPhoto: Sharing libraries among multiple usershttp://support.apple.com/kb/HT1198

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2014 10:58 AM in response to given up on user name

A shared folder is not sufficient to share an iPhoto library. When you open the library from your account, the ownership and permissions of library items changes.

The safest way to share a library is to put it onto a separate disk or disk partition with the "Ignore Ownership on this volume" flag set. See this document on how to achieve this:

iPhoto: Sharing libraries among multiple usershttp://support.apple.com/kb/HT1198

We have iPhotos in a shared folder. When my partner tries to view some photos(not all) they flash open, then disappear. This doesn't happen when I log in and open them. Any ideas would be welcome. Thanks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.