Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

managing multiple devices

Hope somebody can help with this. I have multiple devices in the family that I want to have control over because some are my Children's. At the moment each device is setup for iCloud which I only really require for the 'find my iphone'.

Having setup restrictions and disabled picture so far.

We use iTunes on the one iMac only and decide what music/apps are required for each device and if the children want an app I have to enter my credentials.

Everything seems to work (as far as I can see) apart from my contacts appearing on other units when they go to message, I understand this is because each is configured with my details with iMessage uses.

I'd like to know how to stop this happening or some solution please. I need a way of managing these multiple devices under one account with an element of privacy.

Thanks

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 3, 2014 1:44 PM

28 replies

Feb 5, 2014 1:57 PM in response to paulcb

Never really noticed because it was only me and the wife that have iPhones, then the Daughters got them and I signed them all in when setting up with my account. Most of the issues I've had are sorted, e.g. photo sharing which was just the tick for said option, but this names thing appearing when messaging has puzzled me. I'm not even sure if it is a contacts issue.

The contacts might have been ticked at some point, but I was expecting it was simply a tick box that was this issue.

Feb 5, 2014 2:06 PM in response to sparkymarcopolo

Only in Settings > iTunes & App Stores > Apple ID: > your purchasing Apple ID here to share iBooks, Music, TV Shows, Apps...etc.

All other Apple services like iMessage, FaceTime, iCloud (for contacts, calendars, reminders, ...etc) everyone should use their own Apple ID except yourself.

Read this, it's valid for IOS 5,6 and 7:

iOS 5 & iCloud Tips: Sharing an Apple ID With Your Family ...

managing multiple devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.