Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I tried to delete the Apple folder in the Common Files folder but it still won't delete!

Hello,

I am quite frustrated, I tried to uninstall iTunes because it wasn't working and I got several notifications that it needed to be reinstalled because the updates had installed incorrectly.

Followed the procedures as layed out in Apple Support online, but now I still can't delete the "Apple" folder in "Common Files" (during the 'verifying you've actually deleted iTunes' step...).

I did the whole Cntrl-alt-delete thing and started the task manager, but there wasn't any "apple" device running and this is a personal computer with only one log-in (me).... so i'm wholeheartedly confused and frustrated at this point and I just want to listen to my music!!

Please help!!

Posted on Feb 3, 2014 2:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2014 4:18 PM

Followed the procedures as layed out in Apple Support online, but now I still can't delete the "Apple" folder in "Common Files" (during the 'verifying you've actually deleted iTunes' step...).

Do you have the iCloud control panel currently installed? If so, try uninstalling that. Can you do the deletion now?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2014 4:18 PM in response to CanucKaitie

Do you have the iCloud control panel currently installed? If so, try uninstalling that. Can you do the deletion now?

I tried to delete the Apple folder in the Common Files folder but it still won't delete!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.