You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I show my password in mail settings?

I need to verify my password for setting up an email account on a new phone and need to see what I put in on my Macbook. I know there's a toggle somewhere that allows the dots to be converted back to show the actual password but can't find it.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 3, 2014 2:56 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2014 6:04 PM

Where would I find it?

I have already answered this. Open the Applications folder. In that folder there is another one called Utilities. Open that folder. One of the items in that folder is Keychain Access.app.

Open Keychain by double clicking it.

Double click the item you want to see, check the box next to Show Password and authenticate with your login password.

I do not know how to say this in simpler terms.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 3, 2014 6:04 PM in response to mdeering

Where would I find it?

I have already answered this. Open the Applications folder. In that folder there is another one called Utilities. Open that folder. One of the items in that folder is Keychain Access.app.

Open Keychain by double clicking it.

Double click the item you want to see, check the box next to Show Password and authenticate with your login password.

I do not know how to say this in simpler terms.

How can I show my password in mail settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.