Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I switch the WiFi button to "ON" if it won't work?

Hello,

Ive been using my iPhone 4s for awhile now. And i havent had any problems. But recently my wifi hasnt been working. I thought it was nothing so i rebooted my router. Even after that my phone still wouldnt connect. I checked the control center on my phone (Since i have iOS 7), and as i suspected the WiFi was already turned on. This was getting VERY strange. I thought it was a glitch at first. So that day i left my house and went to the McDonalds across the street. My iDevice didnt sign on to it. It didnt even DETECT it.

The next day i went to a friend of mines house to watch the superbowl. Still wouldnt connect or recognize. Seeing as though i had no other option, i let my phone die. It was hard for me to do, but i had to let her go. I let the device die and cool down for a bit. After i plugged it back in and it turned on, the device STILL wont connect to WiFi... When i go into settings and i try to turn on the little WiFi switch, it wont turn green.

I would do the hard reset, where i hold the lock and home buttons for 10 seconds, but my phones lockscreen button jammed and ultimatly broke a month or so ago. This also is the reason i wont turn off my device, because im afraid i wont be able to turn it back on.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.4, I've already begged the apple gods.

Posted on Feb 3, 2014 4:31 PM

6 replies

Feb 3, 2014 7:50 PM in response to PimpMasterChief

I can think of nothing else other than to restore the iPhone. Connect it to a computer running the latest version of iTunes. Back it up first, then select Restore iPhone... and follow the instructions.

Once restored, restore its contents from the backup.

Your broken sleep / wake switch is a nuisance but should not affect the ability to back it up and restore it.

How do I switch the WiFi button to "ON" if it won't work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.