Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I change my Apple ID on my iPod will I lose my apps

Right now my son's iPod 4s is synced to my Apple ID, however he is now old enough for his own Apple ID. If I create a new one for him, will he lose all of the apps currently on his iPod? If so, is there a way to recover them?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.5

Posted on Feb 3, 2014 5:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 3:29 AM

No, no content will be deleted bu chanign the Apple ID used for Settings>iTune and App Store. If y change it in Settings>iCloud and Settings> GameCenter you wil lose Contact. Calndrs and Notes some other stuff.

The Apple ID is also used for Settings>Messges>Send and Receive and Settings>FaceTime

Note:

- Apps are locked to the account that purchased them.

- To update apps you have to sign into the account that purchased the apps. If you have apps that need updating purchased from more than one account you have to update them one at a time until the remaining apps were purchased from one account.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2014 3:29 AM in response to Ryanfromearth

No, no content will be deleted bu chanign the Apple ID used for Settings>iTune and App Store. If y change it in Settings>iCloud and Settings> GameCenter you wil lose Contact. Calndrs and Notes some other stuff.

The Apple ID is also used for Settings>Messges>Send and Receive and Settings>FaceTime

Note:

- Apps are locked to the account that purchased them.

- To update apps you have to sign into the account that purchased the apps. If you have apps that need updating purchased from more than one account you have to update them one at a time until the remaining apps were purchased from one account.

If I change my Apple ID on my iPod will I lose my apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.