Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Broken Screen

I have an iPod Classic which is about 7 years old. The audiojack broke on it a couple of months ago, I brought it to a guy near me who fixes them, he fixed the jack but cracked my screen trying to open it, the screen is just going from bad to worse, also he didn't put it back together right, so the back is coming away from the front. He said he'd fix the screen and he never did, I ended up not paying him. I know it's old and maybe not worth my while getting it fixed but I don't what to get rid of it. What I want to know is if it can be fixed after all that?

iPod classic

Posted on Feb 3, 2014 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2014 7:24 PM

Screens are easy to replace, you can buy the replacement part online (amazon, ebay) and this time I would recommend taking the unit to a more legitimate place to have the work done.

Many places that fix cell-phones will also work on iPods for a nominal fee.

Or, you could try taking it to an Apple Store and begging them to help you, but since you already went third-party on repairs they are not very likely to want to assist. But you never know.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2014 7:24 PM in response to Fiona267

Screens are easy to replace, you can buy the replacement part online (amazon, ebay) and this time I would recommend taking the unit to a more legitimate place to have the work done.

Many places that fix cell-phones will also work on iPods for a nominal fee.

Or, you could try taking it to an Apple Store and begging them to help you, but since you already went third-party on repairs they are not very likely to want to assist. But you never know.

Broken Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.