Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I find my airplay password?

Apple TV, iOS 7

Posted on Feb 3, 2014 6:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2017 11:15 AM

how do i find my apple airplay password

8 replies

Feb 6, 2014 7:45 AM in response to Dodaron

Hey Dodaron,

It sounds like your Apple TV has a setting enabled to require either a specific code or a password to AirPlay to the Apple TV. For either option, you can set it here:

Set an onscreen code

Use this setting to require a specific code to AirPlay to the Apple TV. When an AirPlay-enabled device attempts to connect to an Apple TV with Onscreen Code enabled, enter the passcode shown on the TV into the device that’s attempting to connect to the Apple TV.

Settings > AirPlay > Onscreen Code > On

Set a password

Use this setting to require a password for AirPlay-enabled devices to connect using AirPlay on the Apple TV. Use this setting for devices that will need permanent access and you only want to enter the password once.

Settings > AirPlay > Password > [set password]

Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Understanding AirPlay settings

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5517

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

Have a great day,

Delgadoh

Apr 3, 2017 10:56 PM in response to Dodaron

ok brand new Apple TV demands a code for airplay, I see code and enter it, it loops out and ask for a proper code say it is not correct code, so thereof it does give another code instantly and I enter that code again it oops out and repeats, was on phone with apple senior advisors since 4:37 pm now 10:52 pm and got disconnected from apple, got apple warning of newer software iOS upgrade did that and it does not solve m 0vr 200 dollars investment in new apple tv 64 gigs hardware fails to be seen on alll apple devices, those are iPad Pro,ipad mini version 4 and Mac Pro also brand new from factory in Texas.. so come on apple a simple Apple TV to replace my old Apple TV that had no issues ever and this dies on every attempt to relax and watch movies I purchased and see my iMovies I had made all move and theater options are gone, just disappeared why? this was just software and hardware upgrade, why does nothing work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.