Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mbp 10.6.8 crash after sleep

Hello all,

I recently installed 10.6.8 on a new SSD via usb, and after testing it for about a month and adding a few apps and files, I dropped it into a 2006 macbook pro. Previously the mbp was running 10.4x. Now, with the drive installed, when the computer wakes from sleep it freezes. Not an application, but the computer itself, or rather all the software running. For now, I have sleep disabled for the HD, with no problems, but it would be nice to put this guy to sleep sometimes. I've wasted a few days looking for answers online, but haven't found anything specifically about this, so I'm turning here for answers. I guess I should say I've tried the usual approaches, disk utility, reset pram, smc, and a few other things listed on this site for similar problems (safe boot, disable sharing) to no avail. Thanks in advance for anything you might be able to offer in terms of advice.

Posted on Feb 3, 2014 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2014 10:05 PM

No responses here, but I did manage to find the culprit, a pci card which apparently disrupts osx10.6.8's sleep. It was never a problem with earlier osxes and I'd pretty much forgotten the card was in there. Maybe this will help someone else.

1 reply

mbp 10.6.8 crash after sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.