Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blue Frames In Project Window

Hello,

I have attached a screenshot her of my project window. As you can see, one of the projects has nothing but "blue frames" representing the clips. The clips are there when I scan through but I have to have the cursor on the project ofr them to show up. Makes it very frustrating to edit. These also seem to skip or drop frames more than my other projects. Thoughts?

Thanks,

John

User uploaded file

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 3, 2014 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 2:42 AM

Select the project and do File->Delete Project Render Files. This should delete the thumbnails.

3 replies

Feb 5, 2014 1:58 AM in response to jrc362

I hope the following is clear enough:

The thumbnails are the little pictures that should appear in the project "strip", instead of the "blue frames" you were having. These thumbnails are generated by FCP X automatically and stored in a specific folder inside the project folder.

For some reason which is beyond me, some of these little files may have become corrupt, and would not display properly - hence the "blue frames".

Deleting render files you also deleted the corrupt thumbnails, which forced FCP X to generate fresh new versions of them.

Blue Frames In Project Window

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.