3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 5, 2014 1:58 AM by Luis Sequeira1
jrc362 Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

I have attached a screenshot her of my project window. As you can see, one of the projects has nothing but "blue frames" representing the clips. The clips are there when I scan through but I have to have the cursor on the project ofr them to show up. Makes it very frustrating to edit. These also seem to skip or drop frames more than my other projects. Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2014-02-03 at 7.37.25 PM.jpg

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)
  • Luis Sequeira1 Level 6 Level 6 (8,375 points)

Select the project and do File->Delete Project Render Files. This should delete the thumbnails.

• jrc362 Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

This worked! Thanks, though I honestly have no idea why it worked or what happened to the project requiring the need to Delete Project Render Files. If you are so inclined, I would love to know what was going on here. If not, no worries. Appreciate the response.

• Luis Sequeira1 Level 6 Level 6 (8,375 points)

I hope the following is clear enough:

The thumbnails are the little pictures that should appear in the project "strip", instead of the "blue frames" you were having. These thumbnails are generated by FCP X automatically and stored in a specific folder inside the project folder.

For some reason which is beyond me, some of these little files may have become corrupt, and would not display properly - hence the "blue frames".

Deleting render files you also deleted the corrupt thumbnails, which forced FCP X to generate fresh new versions of them.