Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloaded Maverick, Now my computer says I have Parental Controls, yet it's not turned on.

So, ever since I downloaded Maverick right after it came out, my laptop says that it's "parental controls will log me out in __ minutes". This happens the first time at around 3 in the afternoon, so I put my username and password in, and say to add the rest of the day. Then at about 11:45pm the same thing happens, yet this time the computer ignores any kind of override I try to do. It then continues to log me out at 12am. My parental controls are turned off, I have tried turning them "on" and making sure that all time controls/other controls are not in place. This is really quite a problem for me as I need my laptop for school work, and it is very frustrating to have to deal with this every day. I would love to hear your opinions on my problem! Please help me! Haha thanks in advance 🙂

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Feb 3, 2014 9:09 PM

7 replies

Feb 4, 2014 3:00 PM in response to emmalynrynard

Please create a new, temporary account in the Users & Groups preference pane (not in Parental Controls.) Allow it to administer the computer.

Log out of your own account and log in to the new one. Open Parental Controls and see whether it's is turned on. If it is, turn it off. If it isn't, turn it on and then off. Log out and go back to your account. Test.

Downloaded Maverick, Now my computer says I have Parental Controls, yet it's not turned on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.