Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3rd gen iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1. Purchased music appears to be on device, cannot be played, cannot be deleted. Not sure what I did.

3rd generation iPod touch with iOS 5.1.1. This is now my daughter's iPod and apparently it had been set up to automatically sync new purchases, but the iTunes store and Match were turned off, so when I removed restrictions tonight to update some apps and reconfigure some stuff, a bunch of albums purchased in the last few months tried to syncrhonize to the device. Somehow I eneded up removing the download option yet the album titles and songs appear in the music app. How can I remove these "files"? According to iTunes, they aren't on the device. They do not play. There are no pending downloads in iTunes store.

I am hopeful there is a solution short of restoring the device. Since it's my daughter's iPod now (handed down) and she has her games with progress saved, any restore will erase her progress.

Thanks in advance.

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Feb 3, 2014 10:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 2:23 AM

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music (This delete all may not be applicale to iOS 5)

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 4, 2014 2:23 AM in response to Robert Bellomy

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Unsync/delete all music and resync

To delete all music go to Settings>General>Usage>Storage>Music>Tap edit in upper right and then tap the minus sign by All Music (This delete all may not be applicale to iOS 5)

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

3rd gen iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1. Purchased music appears to be on device, cannot be played, cannot be deleted. Not sure what I did.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.