Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have brand new iPad touch4th generation! Started setting up using Mac. While reading legal part, could not go back, iPad turned on by itself then off, now does not respond at all, the screen is black, no response when connect it to Mac and iTunes. Help!

I have brand new iPad touch 4th generation! started setting up using Mac. While reading legal part could not go back in the menu to press continue button. Using iTunes. I charged ipad touch 4th generation, then connected it to Mac using usb, then itunes, in the middle of initialization, wandered off reading terms and conditions and reading legal part in blue, it redirected me to a new site or in a different direction of the set up, I could not go back to press continue, because there was no button continue. ipad touch turned on briefly no software was loaded, or maybe some was loaded at that stage, then it switched off by itself, I did not touch it in anyway when it switched on, After it swiched off the screen has become black. Probably locked. It does not respond in anyway. And when I connect it to Mac and itunes. The mac does not show that Ipad touch 4th generation is conected. Ipad touch 4th generation is a previous model that is not sold anymore. It is 2012 model. Please help me to initialize it or switch it on somehow! Because it is definetely not brocken! I need to make it switch on or restore it!

Please help! Now!

iPad touch 4th generation set up

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 2:20 AM

2 replies

Feb 4, 2014 2:48 AM in response to Scarlet100

If the reset doesn't work:

FORCE IPAD INTO RECOVERY MODE

1. Turn off iPad

2. Turn on computer and launch iTune (make sure you have the latest version of iTune)

3. Plug USB cable into computer's USB port

4. Hold Home button down and plug the other end of cable into docking port. Do not release button until you see picture of iTune and plug (very important)

5. Release Home button.

ON COMPUTER

6. iTune has detected iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTune.

7. Select "Restore iPad"...

Note: Data will be lost

I have brand new iPad touch4th generation! Started setting up using Mac. While reading legal part, could not go back, iPad turned on by itself then off, now does not respond at all, the screen is black, no response when connect it to Mac and iTunes. Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.