Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP late 2013 remembers Bluetooth devices after reinstalled OS, how?

Hi,

I erased my SSD-drive with Disk utility including all partitions (Win Bootcamp, Mac OS disc). I reinstalled Mavericks then by downloading the installation. Everything seemed to be okay when I started up the computer after the installation was finished and I had to configure a new user name etc, but it seems to remember my Bluetooth devices and their still in the list when I click on the Blutetooth icon in the upper right corner of the screen. I don't have them connected and their more than 200 kilometres from here, but their still show up with the names I assigned to them. Also, settings for keyboard illuminiation and audio seems to be the same as before I erased the disc. I know SSDs can't be securely erased since theres no overwriting, but it should still appear to start over from a clean slate, right?

Did I miss a step? Everything else seems to be restored, old files and everything is gone and Finder says that I have 238GB free disc space of my 250 and no sign of Bootcamp partition or so. How can the bluetooth devices and some other few settings be remembered? Do I have to reset PRAM or SMC?

Thankful for any help

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 3:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 11:45 PM

ljoo,

you’ll probably need to reset your NVRAM to have your Bluetooth devices be “forgotten”.

1 reply

MBP late 2013 remembers Bluetooth devices after reinstalled OS, how?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.