Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FileVault doesn't log me automatically in after Migration Assistant

I've got a new MacBook Pro with Retina Display with Mavericks which initially I just setup without transfering information. Then I enabled FileVault. After restarting the EFI asks for my password to unlock the drive and then automatically logs me in. All is well.

Until I use Migration Assistant, that is. It set back a Time Machine backup from my early 2011 Macbook Pro without the 'computer settings', and now after the EFI password it dumps me at the Mac OS login screen. According to http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5989 I can choose to disable automatic login, but this key is not present on my system, so for all I know automatic login should work.

In console, I am seeing these suspicious-looking lines:

14-02-04 14:18:34,277 SecurityAgent[237]: Could not get the user record from OpenDirectory.

14-02-04 14:18:34,277 SecurityAgent[237]: Will sleep 3 seconds and try again (retryCount = 5)

This retryCount starts at 9, and would go a long way to explaing why I'm staring at the grey apple for so long at boot time. I should point out that I haven't set up anything OpenDirectory related: my account should be simply a local machine account, nothing more.

Has anyone encountered this before, or have any ideas how to solve this?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.1)

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 5:57 AM

There are no replies.

FileVault doesn't log me automatically in after Migration Assistant

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.