Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 7 iMovie can not be sent to a computer?

OK, so I have iMovie installed on my iPhone 5. It's the newest iOS version of iMovie.

I've been working on a project for a month or so and want to send it to my iMac to put on iMovie on the computer.

I go into iMovie on the phone and select my project, then hit the export button and click 'iTunes' to send the project to itunes.

I then connect the phone to my computer, open iTunes, find the project under iMovie Documents in iTunes, and i select it, and press 'Save to...' and save it to my computer. It saves it as a .iMovieMobile file

Opening it is impossible. I apparently still have iMovie 9.0.9 installed, and I also have iMovie 10.0.2

When i open the file, it wants to open it in iMovie 9.0.9 and when it opens it it says ...

"Cannot Import Project

iMovie can import projects created with iMovie for iOS version 1.4.1 or earlier."

So then i righ click on the .iMovieMobile file it saved to my computer and force it to open in iMovie 10.0.2 and then it says ...

"The document “2014 - A Day @ A Time.iMovieMobile” could not be opened. iMovie cannot open files in the “iMovie for iOS Project” format."

What. The ****. Am I suppose to do?

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 8:53 AM

3 replies

Apr 28, 2014 1:42 AM in response to bradhotdog

Hello,

I have the same problem. I have created a projet on my iPad air and I am not able to import in the mac imovie.

I use all last versions of imovie : on ipad and mac.

When I export to itunes, I have the xx.mobile file, it appears in grey (maybe it is normal) but when I try to import, then the mac 's imovie application says this is impossible to do.

If you have found a solution, please, let me know.

if not, I will ask directly in my apple store, I hpoe they have an answer.

Thank you.

iOS 7 iMovie can not be sent to a computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.