Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my new apple tv unit just stopped working during the latest update. It is as if their is no power to it. I have unplugged for 24 hours, tried holding menu and down buttons and nothing seems to work. Its dead. What can i do?

what can i do about this. It just died during last update on 2-1-14

AppleTV 2, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 8:44 AM

6 replies

Nov 12, 2014 5:57 PM in response to webs66

Have you managed to resolve this webs66? I had the exact same thing happen to me. On my mac, I have no way of accessing the Apple TV. There is no software on my machine and it is not being recognized by iTunes. When connected to my TV it simply shows a graphic that I need to connect it to iTunes. Is the only way to have it recognized by connecting a microUSB to USB? Will HDMI not work?

my new apple tv unit just stopped working during the latest update. It is as if their is no power to it. I have unplugged for 24 hours, tried holding menu and down buttons and nothing seems to work. Its dead. What can i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.