Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes 11.1.4 freezes when syncing with iphone

Itunes 11.1.4 Periodically freezes when not syncing. always freezes when starting to sync Iphone or ipad. sometimes gets far enough to see Message: "ITunes was unable to load data class information from Sync Services. Reconnect or try again later" Trying again later does not help. This did not happen with previous version of Itunes (for years)

Windows 7, itunes

Posted on Feb 4, 2014 9:16 AM

3 replies

Feb 6, 2014 12:29 PM in response to zach4761

Hello Zach,

It sounds like you are getting this error message when connecting your phone after a recent update. I recommend the troubleshooting in the following article to help you get a resolution:

iTunes for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8: Fix unexpected quits or launch issues

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1717

Start with the first steps to test iTunes in Safe Mode, and if needed, there is additional troubleshooting therein.

Start iTunes in Safe Mode

Open iTunes in Safe Mode to isolate any interference from plug-ins or scripts not manufactured by Apple.

1. Hold down Shift–Control while opening iTunes. You should see a dialog that says "iTunes is running in safe mode" before iTunes finishes starting up.
  2. Click Continue.
  3. See if the issue you're experiencing persists in Safe Mode.

If you have the same issue while iTunes is in Safe Mode, proceed to the "Create a new user account" section. If you don't experience the same issue, follow these steps to remove third-party plug-ins.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the very best,

Sterling

Jul 17, 2014 10:29 AM in response to sterling r

Sterling, this is another non-solution.

It does not fix the problem.

I have NO plug-ins in my iTunes library, and the problem persists in safe-mode:

When I try to open iTunes with my iPhone connected (even wirelessly), iTunes freezes and becomes unresponsive.

When I try to connect my iPhone while iTunes is running normally, iTunes freezes and becomes unresponsive.

Itunes 11.1.4 freezes when syncing with iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.